View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 04:14 PM
Michael Fried

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
There is NO debate amongst veteran hobbyist regarding the 1949 LEAF BB set's issue date.
Ted is absolutely correct.

I believe that those who continue to foist the misidentification of cards upon the unsuspecting have no interest in being honest, especially when it affects their pocketbooks.

Card grading services know they generate a significant portion of their revenue from identifying cards people believe are "rookie" cards. Many dealers take advantage of this, especially with higher priced cards, because they can say its a genuine card authenticated by such-and-such grading company.

Over a month ago, I contacted PSA about helping them resolve the issues of incorrectly attributing cards as "Bond Bread" ones.

I even proposed simple solutions to make correct attributions that did not require them to recall their slabs with wrong identifications.

Simply put, first start identifying the cards correctly.

They already have population reports, price guides, set registry reports and a myriad of other information on their website about these misidentified cards.

They can change the title of those sections to the correct identification AND include a note in each of the corrected sections saying something like, "Information we have obtained tells us that those cards previous labeled as "Bond Bread ****" should be correctly attributed as a card belonging to this set. They are not "Bond Bread *****' cards."

The links that were titled with the old "Bond Bread ***** information should not be renamed, but when clicked should jump to the webpage with the correct identification. Of course, just like any other listing, new links with the correct name will have to be included where appropriate.

I even suggested ways to relabel the old slabs if the owner wanted them relabeled.

That may not remove many of the misidentified cards from the market place, but it's a start. Hopefully, the new information on the website will give some concern to those who may want to pass off the misidentified cards.

At least new slabs misidentifying cards as "Bond Bread" will no longer appear.

Mike

P.S. Can you guess what was PSA's response?

Copyright 2020, b Michael Fried, P.O. Box 27521, Oakland, California 94602-0521

Last edited by abctoo; 08-27-2020 at 04:16 PM.