View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 12:25 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Is this the post you leave up for the wife to see, Adam? Kind of reminds me of someone who bought some cards from me a few years ago and asked if he could pay half by check and the other half by money order. Curious, I asked him why, and learned that his wife already had access to the checkbook and could see what he bought, so 100% money order wouldn't work when there was no corresponding check and card, and this way he would only catch half as much hell.
Nope, scout's honor on that one, Todd. My daughter wanted to go to medical school and when that seemed serious I had to not only stop all new money into cards, I had to sell a bunch of stuff to get a jump on covering that cost. Med school is f*****g expensive. When she decided on a different advanced degree at less than half the cost, I kept it that way since it imposes a good brake on my impulsive card spending.

I often feel as others do, that the hobby has gotten beyond me financially. I don't sell it all in frustration, though. I selectively cut back on my collection instead. For example, I stopped collecting boxing sets and focused on types instead. I have only one complete set of vintage boxing cards and that is only because I got it in a collection I bought.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 01-19-2022 at 12:28 AM.