View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Default O/T comic book grading?

Posted By: James Gallo

I wouldn't really go with the Baseball auction houses as they will group stuff together and it won't sell for much. There are a few things you need to do.

Determine the era of the comics 40's, 50's, 60's 70's later. Most of the stuff from the mid 1980s through the 1990s is almost worthless even graded. There are a few exceptions but maybe 1/100.

Once you have an era you should make a list. It is good to have if you want to offer it to dealers but is also a good reference for insurance, and keeping track of what you have and have sold.

The you will need to look at condition. As stated above there is a huge difference between a 9.2 and a 9.6 and you likely won't be able to see it.

Your best titles are Amazing Spiderman, X-men, Batman, Superman and Fantastic Four.

Joe once you have a list send it my way and I can go over it and LYK what might be worth grading.

Depending on how many comics you have a local auction might be your best bet as they might split it up more and do better with it then a large auction house.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.