View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 05:38 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsagain74 View Post
Thanks! I have more pride in my '67 and '71 than most others. And since I'm not a Rose fan (foresee only wanting to spend '63 kind of $ on one that's been run over by a dump truck), I could quit the hobby with that '67 being my only '60s one and be content.

Was just able to find exactly the deal on the kind of '70 set that I hoped to (which is not easy, as it's fairly popular and can be tough to find at a price that's fair vs. the underlying breakup value).

So now halfway through the '70s, and it's the five that I prefer the most. Motivation to get the rest will be lacking
I can't tell you how much it helped me reading this post. Here's my deal: I have a complete '53 Topps set. Then I am working on '54 Topps (have the big boys), '55 Topps (7 shy of complete), '52 Bowman (4 shy of complete), and '55 Bowman (25% complete but have Mantle, Mays, and Aaron). '50 Bowman is probably going to happen, as I have Jackie and Yogi. I also have a few '56 Topps stars and commons and would like that.

However, prices aren't exactly going down these days, and I am trying to not freak out. I am coming to the realization that I probably won't be able to round out the 50s, let alone collect the 60s sets I like. I am even considering dropping down to VG (or even G in places) to give myself a fighting chance of going a little further. Even at that, I am realizing I'm not going to be able to do it all and am learning to accept that and be content with what I am able to collect.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk