View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 11:09 AM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1954 topps View Post
Chicago is my least favorite of the three sites used recently. Cleveland is massive and spread out plus easy to drive to from wherever you’re staying. Same with AC, plenty of hotel and food nearby. Chicago hotels are more expensive than the other two and parking cost more. Now add in the lack of air conditioning and Chicago is now my least favorite venue to attend.
Never thought I’d actually look forward to going to either Cleveland or AC but I’m starting to dread the Chicago trips.
I have to agree with you, and Chicago is the easiest venue to get to for me by far.

Garbage cans were overflowing, bathroom floors were slick and never mopped, and the air conditioning was nonexistent for the first few days.

Also, signs for the aisle I was in (Row 300) were not in place on the end of the floor I was in. Because of the increased corporate presence, my table was behind a giant wall (literally a giant wall that was probably 20x20 for something called Wild Cards) with no way to get through to our booth directly. Even the other corporate booths could be navigated through; this was just a friggin' wall. I would bet that a third of the people who were at the show never even knew there were tables where I was at. Amazingly I had a pretty good show, but it could have been much better.

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972

Last edited by the-illini; 07-31-2023 at 11:12 AM.