View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 08:37 AM

1. Use a security software that has wireless network monitoring. I use Trend Micro and it is set up to notify if there is someone else not trusted on the wireless network.

2. Use alpha/numeric/symbols for all passwords, at least 8 - 12 characters in length.

3. Never, ever have your browser save passwords.

4. In your browser, enable deleting of files upon closing & do not save encrypted files to disk.

5. I never check "remember me" or "keep my logged in"

6. If you are hacked, get a new modem as information is stored there.

7. Use proxy browsing

8. Run CCleaner on start up

9. Occasionally run SIW for Windows

10. Run Trend Housecall once a month

11. Use Ad-aware & Malwarebytes once or twice a month

12. If you have been hacked, thought you cleaned the system and got hacked again, time to wipe the hard drive. And not just a reformat, completely shred the drive.

13. Use multiple email addresses. One for regular activities, one for public forums like these, one for banking, etc.

Concerning hackers breaking into a computer to read what another collector might be buying.....
I would have to see this to believe it. While the collectible market (all collectibles, antiques, stamps, etc) has high-end material and can get competitive, I do not see this, for lack of a better term, "crime wave."

I would be more concerned about PayPal, Ebay, bank cards and other items than someone wanting to acquire a Ty Cobb card.

You state..."I’ve been battling this sh@t for sometime now trying to figure out how they are gaining access to all of my families personal info."
If this true and your family's personal (banking, etc) info is out there, you need a new computer, modem, everything and start from scratch.