View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Default EBAY Seller Advice

Posted By: Jim VB

I don't sell on Ebay, but when I do...

1. Move to Arkansas or Alabama.

2. Forget everything you ever learned since third grade English and Math.

3. Don't bother with a scanner. Use a cheap, digital camera, preferably one with a BIG flash.

4. Stand far away from the item and wiggle while you take the picture. The fuzzier the better.

5. Don't specify shipping charges. Say "Shipping calculated after the auction closes!" Then gouge them.

6. Don't take Paypal. That's too easy. Insist on cash! (Euros, even.) Whatever makes it harder for the customer.

7. Be vague in all descriptions except for condition. They all look "MINT!!!" to you.

8. Put some key words in your titles (e.g.- 1952 Topps Mantle, NY Yankees, 1933 Goudey Lajoie, etc.) This way your item will be caught in more keyword searches.

9. Never use negative words like "reprint" or "common card".

10. Use those words made up with symbols like "L@@K!!!" and "W@W!!!" Lots of exclamation points, too!!!!

11. Don't respond to any emails. In fact, state in the listing "I'll be out of town until the day this item closes." This discourages needless communication.

12. Set up several Ebay ID's. Switch when your feedback gets bad.

13. Move often. (Physically, pick up and move to a different address. Makes it harder to find you later.)

14. Be sure to sell your wife's, husband's, girlfriend's or boyfriend's valuable cards at a terrific discount, just because you now hate them.

I could go on forever, but I think you get the idea.

Good luck!!!!!!

Jim VB