View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 06:43 AM
Bill Gregory

Default God Bless our troops!!!!

The men and women that defend this great nation of ours are heroes. Every single one of them. And whenever I see one of them in their uniforms, or I overhear somebody talking, and they mention they are in the service, I go to them, and ask them for the honor of shaking their hand. It is such a simple gesture, but I think they appreciate it. Having known many vets myself, I continue to be amazed by their sacrifices, and the sacrifices of their families. So, today, let's not forget the families that love these soldiers. They, too, help to make this country safe with their unwavering support.

While I think it's great that we devote a day to recognize them, I think we can do so much more. We spend billions every year on tanks, missiles, combat jets, attack helicopters, machine guns, grenades, bombs, etc. And I think that our soldiers deserve the very best. Whatever we can do to make their jobs safer, we need to do.

But what about when these incredible men and women come home?

We OWE it to these greatest Americans to make sure that when they return home, that they will never have to sleep under a bridge, or in a cardboard box. I don't think that insuring veterans always have a roof over their head, and food to eat, is asking too much. If we stopped playing big brother to the world, we would have the funds necessary to take care of our own. These people risk their very lives. They come home far too often missing arms or legs, or both. And even more often, they come home bearing scars we cannot see.

We have to do better by them.

If I were President, on my Inauguration Day, immediately after being sworn into office, I would call a special session of Congress, and I would tell the members of the House and Senate that nobody is leaving until we have a rough outline, and bipartisan support, on legislation that will insure our veterans never go without the basic necessities. We can make a few less missiles and bombs, and make sure that our soldiers are cared for.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.