View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 12:04 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
The case wasn't retaped. It is a total fabrication. The box isn't the right type of box, the label isn't the right size, the barcode isn't right, the tape is even wrong. This isn't a simple matter of repackage case, the entire case was a fake.

Yes there were repacked boxes in side the fabricated case, but that wasn't known unit the fabricated case was opened.
This was my impression as well when I watched the video. I assumed the entire case was fraudulent. But VintageToppsGuy is claiming to have evidence that this was actually a resealed case, implying that the original tape was removed and then it was retaped or that it was simply taped over. But I see no evidence of that claim when I look at the pictures and videos of it.

Note, this isn't simply a distinction without a difference. If Steve can't tell the difference between a box that has had its original tape/seal removed and then later taped back over, then that has different implications for his ability to identify bad boxes in the sports card market than if he was right about the tape/seal and stickers all being aged correctly with the cardboard box, but was just ignorant about what that box was supposed to look like to begin with. Having the wrong tape correctly aged to a fake case is one kind of mistake, but having the right tape on the right box having been removed and then resealed is a different one.