Thread: Carlton World
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 05:17 PM

Default be active

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Might be a mundane question. But just curious how did you get started in this collection and what made you diversified between all those different subject matters?
Just knocking around flea markets starting about thirty five years ago…I guess because I’ve been so active turning over every rock…so I see more stuff…then the more you research and learn the more you get into it…I’m slowing down a little…but thirty years ago typically on a Sunday I’d leave at 4:30am…hit fleas by flashlight and every kind of antique show from toys to guns to book fairs…then when I was done with those I’d start going thru the used books stores around the bay area till they closed…by the time I’d get home late at night I could hardly walk…Then when the plandemic thing started and shows shut down…I still found plenty of ways to get in trouble…especially on eBay…Below an incredible photo I found in an antiques store in San Francisco in early December 2020…