View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 12:37 AM
Jeff R

Default This seems odd to me...

I lost out on these Mathewson cards tonight, which is probably good because I don't need to be spending the $$. BUT, when I looked at the bidding, I was the only bidder that wasn't listed as "private". I've never seen anything like that before. When I started to look at the seller a little more, he sells almost exclusively reprints, and many of his cards are slabbed by less then reputable companies: GMA, RGA, and another company I couldn't make out. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't be bidding in his auctions. Nevertheless, I'm not saying he is doing anything explicitly wrong, it just all seems odd to me. Any thoughts? Or am I just off base. I sincerely hope the seller isn't a Net54 member as the last thing I want to do is put a spotlight on someone that doesn't deserve it.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221793848204
Successful Net54 transactions with: t206fix x2, Shammus, mybuddyinc x3, FrankWakefield, Brian Van Horn, Jrsox, Vintagetoppsguy, powderfinger, Bocabirdman x2, Baseball*Collectibles, bcbgcbrcb, Vintageismygame, usernamealreadytaken, oldjudge x2, Joshchisox08, rocarroll, Voodoochild, Sebie43 and frankbmd and more...