View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 06:35 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
But VintageToppsGuy is claiming to have evidence that this was actually a resealed case, implying that the original tape was removed and then it was retaped or that it was simply taped over. But I see no evidence of that claim when I look at the pictures and videos of it.
I never said or implied that I had any such evidence nor am I claiming that it was a resealed case. I saw the video, I only know as much as you do.

Please try to follow me. It doesn't matter if it was the original factory case or just some random cardboard box that someone found somewhere to fabricate this product. Likewise, it doesn't matter if it was the original factory tape or some aftermarket tape bought at Wal-Mart. Here's is my point (that for some reason you just can't comprehend): The box and tape (irrelevant if they're actually factory or not) in question are supposed to be nearly 23 years old. Tape applied to a box 23 years ago is going to show wear consistent with it's age. The case in question did not. Therefore, I think common sense tell us this case wasn't sealed 23 years ago.

I have boxes in my climate controlled storage unit that were sealed 20+ years ago. They're not cases of sports cards, but the contents inside are irrelevant. The tape is still aged to the cardboard boxes. Tape that is aged to a box shows certain characteristics. The actual case in question didn't show those characteristics.

At this point I'm finished discussing it with you. It's apparent you just want to argue (such as in the other thread) and just make stuff up that I didn't actually say.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 01-17-2022 at 02:32 PM.