View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 12:36 AM

What a great collection...it is a shame that this is being auctioned off as a group lot. Ideally at least the better condition/ bigger stars should be listed individually, and then the lesser condition in a bulk lot. I also have a feeling that the biggest HOF cards with the McCormick stamp will be seen at a later date, graded. Perhaps one of us with sacks full of money could attempt to corral these and distribute some to their rightful new collector owner.

And it is a completely inaccurate lot listing...someone should start a Go fund me for Goldin so that they can establish an accuracy in lot listing seminar for their employees.

Wirt Gammon was a sports writer from Chattanooga and a huge hobby pioneer who I believe specialized in vintage baseball issues. Searching his name on the web and here and he was writing articles about the hobby back in the 1940's through work in the 1970's with Sports Collectors Digest, and it has been documented that at one point he worked a deal for 3 Wagner and 3 Plank T206. I imagine a good chunk of us collectors today have cards that passed through his hands.

brianp(arker)-beme