View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 11:42 AM
Jake Cornwell

Hey, guys,

Following up since I last posted on this thread. It has been nearly a decade since I posted this initial request, reaching out to see if anyone had any relevant Oklahoma Negro League items, like the Tulsa Black Oilers or Tulsa T-Town Clowns.

While for most of that duration, there hasn't been much activity or any leads. I have sourced a few items outside of this search along the way, however, I never found many "grail" items, as we all know how rare regional black baseball items can be to find.

I am so thankful that Net54 is still here and has the posts archived. Because of that, fellow collector, Jobu Bry@n went above and beyond the call to try and find me. His due diligence provided me the opportunity to add the above images to the Oklahoma Baseball Archive. He even gave me a heads up for finding another Tulsa treasure. Lightning indeed struck twice! I am appreciative of his dedication for getting the images "back home" where they will be used for telling the tales of those teams and preserving those players stories.

But I AM STILL LOOKING for more items relevant for the project, as they will be used to supplement this whenever it is published. In the meantime, I just wanted to say a thank you to Jobu and for Net54 keeping house all these years.