View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 08:04 AM

Default 1961 Brooks Robinson PSA Master Set

Good morning! Hope everyone living in the Maryland area is enjoying the snow. This week I will share my 1961 Brooks items in the PSA Master Set. There are 8 items in the Master in 1961. One of my favorite vintages are the Post Cereal Cards. The 1961 Post Hand Cut Card is plentiful. You can find them out there but they can be hard to find above a Excellent. The one here is nice. The perforated version is tied for the highest graded. The hand cut card was taken from the back of a cereal box. I look daily for a 1961 Cereal Box featuring Brooks (I have the 62 and 63 box panels). At this grade the single hand cut card and perforated cards can be pretty expensive. I included the ungraded 1961 Orioles Post Cereal Perforated Sheet. This sheet is amazing and I can't find anything wrong with it. It is very fragile and would love to have it graded but PSA does not grade anything above 11 inches. This rare sheet of all the Orioles for 1961 is over 12 inches so thought to show. Next, is the 1961 Brooks regular Topps Card. This card is the highest graded but has 80 peers. No PSA 10s. It is easy to find but it will cost you. The 1961 set is one of my favorites. The Orioles Team Card is nothing special but finding a PSA 9 or 10 is tough and can be a bit pricy. The 1961 All Star is one of my favorites. I always loved finding a second card of Brooks with the All Stars. This was his first All Star Card from Topps. PSA 9s are out there and there are 2 PSA 10s. The Topps Stamps in 1961 are another first for Brooks. You have the single stamp and the 2 stamp version with John Buzhardt. Years ago I believe I removed the tab and submitted to PSA (why would I do that?). The single stamp is the highest graded with 3 others at PSA 8. The final item in 1961 is the Manny's Baseball Land photo. This photo eluded me for a long time and finally bought it from a fellow Brooks Collector (by the way, the collector I bought it from is number one on PSA with Brooks). I overpaid for this photo but had to have this picture with that vintage Oriole Bird on his sleeve. Here, I show a PSA 3 and surprisingly, the only copy graded higher is a PSA 4. I believe each team had a pack you could buy through the Manny Baseball Land Catalog in 1961. I have seen the Phillies and Senators but never a Oriole pack...would love to find one if it exists. This picture is out there but not as easy as you would think. I have several others (signed and unsigned) but not as nice as this one. Next week's post with 1962 will be more exciting as the number of items start to climb with many different item types.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1961 Brooks PSA Master.jpg (78.7 KB, 117 views)