View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 02:57 PM

The 1958 Topps Bobby Hull RC takes the honour. Its located at the bottom right corner of the printing sheet so its always O/C and easier to damage already. It is also the last numbered card in the set so it usually placed at the bottom of the stack so its sustainable to lots of fingers rubbing and scratching, bottom surface stains and scratches, and etc damage.

Its population report confirms is rarity of high grades. Only 35x PSA 7, 7x PSA 8, 2x PSA 9, 0 PSA 10. It is much harder to find in high grades than even '51 Howe RC, '66 Topps Orr, or '79 OPC Gretzky. That's why its 7s and 8s go for good money, in fact, the 8 just sold for $87,000 yesterday and I think its a low price for this card. The younger generations don't know the story behind this card and its rarity, I think it should have sold for above $100k. I wouldn't even have been surprised if it sold for $200k yesterday with today's meteoric rise in card prices. Any of Hull's high graded card (7s, 8s, and 9s) would be a great pick up right now before their prices explode.