View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 08:19 AM
Bill par.sons

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
If all the hard cards were printed on the same row, then you could suspect that row was printed twice. However that doesn't appear to be the case. It seems demand issues or production problems due to sheet placement. Hoerner and Jackson are on the end of rows. Could Perry or Tigers Team be on the end of a row too?
i think they are side by side on the hoerner row (we think).

I think the issue we will never solve is the latest discussion on printing issues/quality issues on selected cards and there placement in rows. We have miscuts that show neither 598 perry or 583 tigers is on a border. Also 561 coleman is not either. I also commented that I can never find a 565 piersall, 555 peranoski or 556 queen well centered. This is similar to 1967 shannon (605) which is never centered. Conversely, a lot of the non sp's like 572 573 529 550 523 seem to be mostly well centered when offered. Not sure if this is due to the process or that these cards were on a row/slit that was better centered for cutting. Also while I'm at it. rookie cards 591,544, 524 are more diamond cut that many of the other cards.
I know a lot of these topics can't be answered, but they just add to the mystery and interest of this series.

bill