View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Jeff

Default Interests

From seeing the above posts, it is no wonder I lose out on many wanted items!
For the last 25 years, I have been in charge of 140 softball umpires and 100 basketball referees. Started out as a "Summer job", but, as I am no longer a teacher or coach, it has become full-time. I assign over 13,000 games per year and work about 400 myself, which is my hobby income.
Below is one of my favorite umpiring memories: umpiring a mens baseball league championship game at Wrigley Field. Even took the kids out of school for that treat. The boys spent the entire day in the dugout, running all over Wrigley. What a day to remember! That picture was taken 14 years ago, so Andrew, on the left, is graduating from the University of Illinois (like Dad) next weekend. Kyle, on the right, is a junior at Iowa. My father graduated from Northwestern, so we have a chunk of the Big Ten covered!
I run baseball and basketball tournaments for youth in the Chicagoland area and also umpire slow pitch tournaments including Nationals, Worlds, and Super Worlds. Spend most of my money putting kids through college and wish I could travel more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0001.jpg (96.4 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by wrapperguy; 05-09-2009 at 10:23 AM.