View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage View Post
Just the fact that sealed cases from the first two weeks of production made it this far is pretty amazing to me (as a junk wax enthusiast). I couldn't believe the amount of them getting posted for sale last summer.

So it is my understanding that Fleer had multiple correction types (plates) going simultaneously pretty much from day 1 (or day 2, I suppose) while altering/adjusting them up until the January change over to solid blackout background, correct? So theoretically, a clear version could possibly be pulled form a case containing some other correction types.

Has anyone locked down the first date of production?
Dylan, I believe I have. But I am keeping that information off the public forum...so if you want to chat more, get a hold of me.

Personally, I have owned multiple 8326 cases (both sealed & unsealed) and ripped a ton of that run...it is very similar to the other case runs where the Johnson version varies. Pretty crazy, and I still have some FASC boxes of these in my possession.

You just have to think there are more than 3 of these out there - just by chance. How they are out there, it is anyone's guess. Whether they are still sitting in unopened packs, or someone has one in their collection that they aren't even aware of, or in hand collated set...who knows. But I am 100% certain there are more out there.

My hope is that with the finding of this latest one, it would possibly bring a couple more out in the wild. We will see!