View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Default Because my wife only pretends to be interested in my cards...

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

First off, while the wife only pretends to be interested in the cards on my first birthday with her while we were just dating she bought me a full-sized Jim Brown signed helmet. A year later she bought me a signed Fran Tarkenton NY Giants helmet. So, while she's not interested, she has never once given me a hard time about this ridiculously expensive habit. Adam, my advice: marry once and marry well.

As for you fellas with the little girls, I can tell you that when my wife was pregnant we soon learned that we were having identical twins. (This was just last year by the way) I prayed and prayed for boys...terrified at the thought of my cards going to some jerk that either one of them would eventually marry (all fathers of girls, I presume, expect their daughters to bring home jerks that are not good enough for them). Anyway, we had an ultrasound at like 13 1/2 weeks which is way too early to learn the sex of your fetus -- but the technician felt strongly that we were to have two boys! I immediatley went wild with the knowledge that my cards would be in safe hands (at least until I kicked I figured). Sure enough, I've got two boys now (less than a year old) and the wife is bombarded by testosterone-fueled maniacs all day (including the dog, another guy in our house). Thtey are already drooling on the slabs...and you all thought that slabs are a waste?