View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 08:48 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
The description states creasing and wrinkles. I don't expect an AH with such a huge auction to make sure each and every scan used settings designed to fully convey each card's flaws. Especially for a lower end lot. Rather, if I saw a description of a PSA 1 that stated wrinkles and creasing-- knowing how 1s are graded and knowing how scans do not always show surface issues the way an angled camera photo does-- I would simply ask the AH about the card, perhaps request an additional image.
Ya, I'm with you here. Scans often hide creases. We all know that. It was the misleading, at best, description that I had the bigger issue with (although images showing the flaws should be the standard we hold all AHs to). But if I had purchased it with its current description which reads, "Moderate creasing with light wrinkles and soiling." in bold font, then I wouldn't have returned the card. That said, I also wouldn't have bid on it.

As a reminder, the previous description from when I won it read, "Soiling and wear are evident on the front, but nothing takes away from the pinstriped Gehrig central image. Clear verso."

I'll be curious to see what the hammer price is this time around. The one I won sold for $3763.