View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 08:46 AM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Default Page 10

I clearly have too much time on my hands this weekend. Here is Page 10 of the album. A bit of a puzzling page. There are more cards that I cannot clearly identify than cards I can.

Starting at the top left, the bromide shows Shigeyoshi Morishita in his 1946 Pacific season. This would be one of his rookie cards, and he was an outfielder and occasional pitcher for Pacific, then the Robins, and eventually the Kintetsu Pearls. In a bit of a mystery (to me) the left and center cards in the middle row also look like Morishita and the name of the left card reads “Mori” and the name on the center card os taped over. They both look like Flyers players and, even though Pacific would become the Flyers in 1947, I can’t find a record of Morishita (or anyone whose name stars with “Mori”) playing for the flyers in 1947…for that season, Morishita is listed as a Robins player.

The middle right bromide is the great Robins pitcher Juzo Sanada.

The top right picture is an unidentified Robin player. As is the only card on the bottom row. Does anyone recognize either of them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bromide page 10 smaller.jpg (79.8 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 10 ML.jpg (76.1 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 10 MM.jpg (74.3 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 10 TR.jpg (76.2 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 10 BR.jpg (77.4 KB, 230 views)