View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 08:03 AM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Default Page 3

Thanks, Nat. I really like that one, too. There are a few similar ones later on in the collection. Someone really put together a nice bromide album and I was just lucky enough to find it.

And thank you, Robert, as always! It would have taken me weeks at least to figure those out!

Page 3 of the album sports a couple of really cool cards. The upper left card is the only card I've ever seen of the 1946 Gold Star team (the only year the team had that name), bromide or menko. I'm sure there are others but not that I've come across. Next to that is what looks like the 1948 Kinsei Stars team card (although possibly 1947...I am researching uniforms now).

The center card looks like Sadayohi Fujimoto in his role as Stars manager in 1948.

The other four cards are a mystery to me. The far right cards in the center and bottom rows are the same player, but I don't recognize the spelling of his name (I read Shimosha, but that doesn't seem right). The left cards on those same rows have no name listed. They might remain a mystery unless someone recognizes the players anyway....

Kinsei Stars (Goldstar image) 1947 - Kinsei team
S. Fujimoto - Shimoyashiro
Kato - Shimoyashiro
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bromide page 3.jpg (80.4 KB, 342 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 3 MR.jpg (75.1 KB, 340 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 3 BR.jpg (74.7 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 3 ML.jpg (77.8 KB, 339 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 3 BL.jpg (78.0 KB, 330 views)

Last edited by Frankish; 10-05-2021 at 09:08 AM.