View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 11:45 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
The 1988 Earnhardt MAXX situation is such a huge clusterfuck. There is nothing wrong with a 1988 version. It is still desirable, and it does sell for less than the redemption version if cost is a factor. This is just personal preference, but I would I would rank them 1986 SportStar/1988 (1994) Maxx Redemption/1988 Maxx non-certified. But they are all cool early Earnhardt cards. The price gap between the two versions of the MAXX cards has been steadily shrinking in recent years. Either version is still the iconic image of Earnhardt on a card.

The 1994 redemption version is quite a bit more rare than the 1988 version. PSA has currently graded 52 copies of the redemption card and 210 examples of the 1988 version.

FWIW, I have never seen one of those /100 autographed versions of the MAXX card that were released in 1997 by Upper Deck.

Like I said earlier, his 1983 Uno card is earlier than all of those options and has taken off in value in recent years. But that card doesn't do much for me.
My 1988 appears to be uncertified so I guess I'll stick with it as at least earlier than the 1989. Probably god enough for me. From ebay they seem to be a lot more pricey than they were not long ago, I paid less than 200 for my 8. Separately, any opinion on the 1992 Traks Petty/Earnhardt dual auto? Any issues there? Seems like a cool item never pulled the trigger but have thought about it.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.