View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 07:15 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Love seeing another racing collector on here, Peter. I have been looking for a 1969 Panini Andretti for a while, just have not found a lower grade one that is not wildly overpriced. That Senna sticker exploded in value for a while, but seems to have cooled off a bit with the 1984 Scratch N' Play going through the roof lately. He also has some neat and obscure European and Brazilian cards.

I have been trying for a SportsStar Photo-Graphics Earnhardt, but they don't show up too often anymore.

I have been toying with the idea of putting together a period card of all 34 F1 World Champions and pricing out what that would cost. There was a 1952 Chocolate Aiglon of Juan Manuel Fangio that ended on Saturday on eBay. My snipe never fired because I was surprised that the card went for over $300. That card is pretty tough, but it was still a sub $50 card a year or two ago. I guess more people have woke up to the fact that it is Fangio's rookie card and several years before his hyped rookie from the 1954 Kane Products set.

As we talked about on the main board, the 1972 STP Petty has also exploded in value over the past year or two.

Last edited by Bored5000; 06-26-2022 at 07:23 AM.