View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Al

I was at Saturday's game; it was my first trip to the new park.

The park itself is absolutely incredible. I wondered how they were going to drag the history of the old park across the street and make it work - they managed to do it. Everywhere you look, there are reminders of Yankee history. I didn't get to the museum or Monument Park; Monument Park looks a little sterile but I've seen pictures of the museum that look awesome. You can see the game from anywhere, and you're welcome to wander around the stadium during the game and watch from behind the railings all around the park.

Saturday's game was perfect; it seemed like rain, then the sun came out. It was a pitcher's duel with a great offensive performance from Teixera, a few nice plays in the field, a controversial call, some power, a couple innings of free baseball, and then a bomb in the 11th to put it away.

Excellent game, beautiful place to see a ballgame.

Here's a cellphone shot of the "black and white" side of the Great Hall; each of these 40-foot banners has another image of a Yankee great. The opposite sides of the banners are newer shots of guys like Munson and Nettles.

Sorry for the hijack, but it was marginally on topic, I guess.

-Al