View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Default Which player has the best looking cards - overall?

Posted By: Joann

Seeing a few Matty caramels on ebay tonight, it occured to me that it seems like all of his cards are just really, really nice looking cards. The T206 portrait and black caps are both gorgeous, the horizonal caramels among the best looking in their sets, and even his T205 and M116's are just nice, nice looking cards.

At the other end of the spectrum, Tris Speaker seems haunted by crappy images. His T206 looks kind of okay - and it grows on you b/c it's the only card of him in that set. I will say his T205 is among the best looking of all T205's. But other than that, he has very few cards and the ones he does have look like ... butt. Sorry, but he has some of the ugliest cards out there.

I'm not really prepared to start this post b/c I don't have scans ready to insert (and scans always enliven posts like this). I'll add them this week when I have time.

But in the meantime - which player do you think has the best looking cards on an overall basis? The worst?

Joann

(BTW - the Boss Schmidt "butt shots" that actually do look like butt would have him as a nominee. But he makes such a great comeback with his T206 portrait that I don't think he makes the Top 5 for players with worst looking cards. hee)