View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 08:12 AM

Default Matty

This is the 1st time I ever saw this thread.
Lots of cool Matty items here!

I have a few items related to Matty's career to show:
On July 15, 1901 Christy Mathewson hurled his 1st of two career no-hitters @ St. Louis Cardinals. Here is a Season Pass for the 1901 St. Louis Cardinals.
This pass was issued to Bryan Snyder, who was the Pass Agent for the Frisco Railway.
Snyder was gent that was in charge of train transportation for ML players in that era.
Signed by Cardinals owner Frank deHass Robison.

The 2nd item is a Christy Mathewson Memorial Benefit Tag
After an outstanding career in baseball, World War I veteran Christy Mathewson succumbed in 1925 to an illness caused during a military training exercise. A memorial game was held on his behalf between the New York Giants and Washington Senators at the Polo Grounds on Wednesday, July 7th, 1926, to benefit Matty's family. This diecut disc is approximately 3" wide. One side features a picture of the legendary Giant, while the other has a tribute to the "Gallant Sportsman, Courageous Soldier, Kindly Gentleman."

3rd item is a ticket featuring Matty to the Sept. 30th, 1989 Bucknell Dartmouth football game at Christy Mathewson Memorial Stadium.

I do not own the last item, but it is a picture of the signed back of the actual check that Matty received for his book "Pitching in a Pinch".

Last edited by Scott Garner; 10-31-2021 at 11:33 AM.