View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 07:31 AM
John Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
of course I love the 1935 Goudey set and a few years ago completed the 114 card master set of front/back combinations. Here's a scanned copy of the checklist if anyone finds it useful.

There are four Babe Ruth cards including two with tough backs (4A 5A) nice to pull them out this morning (stored in TCVS Mylar Sleeves).
That’s impressive LuckyLarry. I would have to imagine there aren’t too many master sets out there. These cards aren’t rare, but they are definitely more scarce than the 1933 or 1934 set. And the effort it would take to find all the back combinations seems like it would take some time. Like I said, I MAY someday try and get the 72 different puzzle pieces, but the master set probably is out of my budget and patience limit.

I actually built my own checklist and rare back list based on the PSA pop report, so I’ll cross reference mine against yours to see if I have all the rare backs listed correctly.

As it turned out, my beat up Ruth happened to be one of the rare ones (5A) so that was kind of cool.