View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Default Set collectors - what cards give you the most hassle?

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Thanks for the input so far guys. I've noticed that a few of you have even responded so far about the same card. Kind of an interesting discussion.

I'll add in a few observations I have -

1. I feel that e98 commons are far less plentiful than the HOFers however I didn't have too many problems with these when working on my set, except for maybe Tenny. Where I ran into trouble was when I was basically down to Cobb, Wagner and Matty, so I was forced to either cough up 7k to finish the set off or scrap the project.

2. I don't think any e90-2 is tougher to get than any other. It's just a matter of being patient for the first 10 and willing to cough up at least $3k for the Wagner.

3. My biggest issue so far has been finding cards of Fred Tenny. I'm STILL trying to get his e103 and have had difficulties finding cards of him for e98, d304 and e107 as well.

4. I've never collected e101s or e92s however it seems that I really haven't seen too many of the Bender Striped hat variation with the blue background. I would imagine this is one of the more difficult cards in each of these sets? Anyone have any idea what the story is behind this card and why Bender has multiple cards in e101, e92, etc... an occurance that usually you only see with Wagner and maybe Cobb?