View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 08:10 AM
J0hn Collin$

Default March (Madness) Pickups Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
Wow John...there must something wrong on the back of that 53 Jackie?? Tremendous 1.5!!!
Thanks. No, not really. Here is the back. There is some wax staining on the bottom right, but not sure that is responsible for the grade.

What's odd on this card, and not sure if you can see it on this scan or not - is that across the top border, on both the front and back - there is an indent / straight line - almost as if the blade that cut the card came down in the wrong place lightly, didn't cut it - and then came back up. OR it's like a pencil line drawn by a child using a straight ruler. But if a kid or someone else did that, they did it exactly the same on the front and back, which I think is unlikely. I honestly can't tell which it is.

I'm assuming this is what is responsible for the grade. I was grateful for the 1.5; figured there was a decent chance this would only get an Authentic. But yes, great looking card - presents a lot more like a 3+ than a 1.5. There is some light bending and wrinkles on the front which would have held it up anyway, but they are hard to see.

Last edited by jchcollins; 04-27-2023 at 05:29 AM.