View Single Post
Old 12-06-2001, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Default Here is the question

Posted By: MW

I haven't seen any of the cards, but based on what I know about Lew, I would say he's an expert when it comes to identifying a trimmed card.

I think the question many of us have is as follows: If someone purchases a card or a group of cards from Lew, is it the responsibility of that individual to list the item or items exactly as Lew did -- i.e., identifying trimmed cards as "trimmed" and not "cut short"?

I think it depends. Warshawlaw makes some very good points on this matter and I think we should all reread what he wrote. It is possible that the seller is committing fraud. It is also possible that, based on the seller's informed judgement, he does NOT believe that any of the cards he is selling are trimmed. If this is the case, maybe he believes that his opinion is just as good or even better than Lew’s. Without determining the seller’s expertise and intent, I think it is impossible to make a judgement about his business practices.

Leon makes some good suggestions too. Obtain a suitable guarantee from the seller. If a card is won in an auction, determine for YOURSELF whether the card is acceptable. Take a close look at it. Show it to others. Send it to SGC. If there’s a problem, return it.