View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Default Show & Tell Autographs you personally acquired

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

I've gotten lots of autographs, but two that have a 1960 (when I was 9) connection are interesting.

#1 - My father was an Army buddy of Fred Taylor, the former Ohio State basketball coach. We got some free tix for the ECAC Holiday Tournament at Madison Square Garden. We sat right behind Bobby Knight's parents. They were not nearly as excitable as he is now! OSU was loaded with stars (Havlicek, Lucas, Knight, Siegfried, Nowell) and after the game I went into the locker room and got all their autographs.

#2 - Famous softballer Eddie Feigner (The King and His Court) came to a town celebration. His team played against the Coaches Association. Before the game the mayor announced that anyone who even got a foul ball off of Mr. Feigner would win a prize. My father played some semi-pro baseball and was pretty decent. He did, in fact, manage to foul one off and claimed his prize. Thirty-eight years later, the same scene was reenated in my own town. I got to tell The King the story about how my father won his favorite lawn chair! He got quite a laugh out of it.