View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Al

Default seats

Tomman1961,
My pleasure! Im glad it all worked out for you. Its such a sad thing to leave them the way they were. Its always the burning question to restore them or leave them the way they were. To me (My opinion) its a no brainer! The sea foam Green seems to stand up better than the blue paint did. Peeling is the major issue. Always reminded me of pig pen on charlie brown. Every time you moved them blue paint flakes were all over the place. My wife would never allow me to ever put them in the house the way they looked! Remember the stadium crew would slap coats of paint all over them all the time so in my eyes isnt that a form of restoration ? To me I left as much of the origional paint underneath as I could and re used all the orig. Hardware. Like Russyurk
on the turnstile to me it looks much nicer now that it did leaving it alone.Looks to me like he matched every detail! Great job. Now its a source of pride not an eyesore!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..