View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Default Anybody care to dive in deeper with E98 information?

Posted By: quan

honestly with all the breakdowns and distributions i think all the backs have about the same number, there are no tougher backs just a preference toward one...mine's green or blue so of course i always see orange or red way more.

i also don't agree with the notion that commons r tougher than hof'ers. my thinking is only set collectors would buy commons, therefore once the collector acquires them the commons tend to stay tucked away longer...whereas casual/type collectors would gravitate toward the hof'ers so they exchange hands more often.

there could be something said about coombs/vaughn/mack/walsh being seen less often, but with the ebay age i've prolly seen 3-5 examples of each the last year+ (and these are "new" cards from random people not the "recycled" from collectors) so I don't consider them that tougher than the rest. Other e98 collectors may disagree but I've always thought the Clarke is a tough card while finding a Matty is relatively easy, it's all about when a particular e98 we need show up.