View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Default T209-1 Contentnea survey

Posted By: scott brockelman

Ed,

I did not mean to say that you indicated the Thompson was a type 1, I do think, based on the real photo that is was issued at the same time as the type 2's and I still don;t think the type 1's were meant to be redeemed, but that's just my opinion and I am certainly open to further discussion pending any proof of such. Again, as others have indicated I believe the factory stamp was added because it was supposed to be there by law and wasn't.

Now here's an interesting thought. Do we know for a fact that the type 1's were produced first??? they very well could have been produced after the Black and Whites. Then production ceased due to costs', or the end of the season may have arrived and the second series may have not been needed. A little research of the players and their major league/minor league dates may prove out such.

Rob,

You may be correct but I would still think they were intended for the second series. Again we have no proof either way, but they were definitely on the drawing board. Also there are more to the pieces I have shown as they do not match up on the cuts, so somewhere if they still survived are more players pictured.

Scott