View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Default Show us your E94 overprints

Posted By: leon

No, I am not discerning different colors or very minor type/font idiosyncracies...there are a few of each. There is another completely different ad. And for the sake of newbies here is a response I gave to someone privately this morning about these. I think he was little timid about posting a question in fear of retaliation....This is ONLY my opinion on this pricing and stuff:

As far as I know it's the only complete (known) overprint set. My guess is there is another one, or some, different, that I don't have but I haven't seen any others yet...nor has anyone I know. So it is complete. JC Clarke has about 5-6 different and he is by far the closest to being complete, that I am aware of. I doubt anyone else has more than 2-3.....The Blomes is the most common by far....I have seen about 6-8 of them and they go for about 800-1200 when they come around....I have no idea what my whole set is worth but if i put them in an auction I would think 30k-50k would be about right.....because they are complete. I think an individual one (not Blomes) would be about 1500-2200 today...
best regards
leon

edited for spelling but I'm still no good at it...