View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 12:00 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine two weeks ago this coming Monday. Six hours after the injection, I started getting a minor headache, followed by some mild nausea. Eight hours post injection, I tried to go to bed, as I just wasn't feeling all that great, and I started shivering violently. I put on my winter sleepwear, turned my electric mattress warmer up to two, piled on three blankets, and I just couldn't stop shivering. After two and a half hours, I just passed out, as the muscle relaxer I take before bed finally knocked me out.

The next day, I felt terrible, mostly muscle soreness from the shaking, on top of my usual back pain. I've been through far worse.

I'd get it again in a heartbeat.
Several people we've talked to who got the J&J shot have gotten knocked back down a bit.

Some Moderna people we know have also experienced some difficulties, but not quite as much as the J&J people.

Pfizer has been pretty much a walk in the park for myself, and most others I know who got it.

Of course all this is anecdotal and means absolutely nothing, LOL. True long term efficacy is a completely different argument, and we won't have any real answers to that until months, or even years down the road.

Glad I got the Pfizer, but would have taken any one of them if it came down to it, when I showed up on the day of the shot.