View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 08:36 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
Great pick up Dan, I agree with you on the card being undervalued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Dan great pickup. That looks great for the condition. The creases and wrinkles wouldn't bother me at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcosta19 View Post
Great pick up. Nicer than my two PSA 1s
How was the show, I almost went up but couldn't find the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadeast View Post
Great looking Goudey with strong colors, congrats!
Thanks guys! Nothing better than Net54 pickup thread validation

Justin, the Raleigh show was ok. They've got everyone packed like sardines into the Holshouser building with a difficult floor layout. I went to the last show in February and left immediately because it was so crowded and you literally had to squeeze between people (often maskless) to go down the aisles. Now I've had both my shots and it was a little less crowded, so I was able to enjoy it more. Tons of very high-dollar modern baseball and basketball slabs, and wax. A decent amount of 60s-70s vintage at various price points. Not much nice 50s stuff. Almost no prewar. One guy had half a display's worth, but his stickered prices were so silly (like $200 for a beat up E121 common) that I didn't even engage with him. Occasionally you would find something interesting hidden among the detritus, which was the case with the Cobb I picked up. I think the next show is in June and will be back in the larger building, which will be nice. In any case, it was great just to be back out at a show!

Last edited by Bliggity; 04-04-2021 at 08:37 AM.