View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 08:29 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

My order from CSG came in today.

Packing: CSG has a nifty molded foam insert that firmly holds each card separated by about 1/2". No tape or bubble wrap to surgically remove, no holder-on-holder contact. It is nice enough and effective enough that I am going to save it for when I send slabbed cards to auction. A definite bonus.

Holders: The CSG holder is almost exactly the same size as the PSA holder, maybe a fraction of a millimeter larger. I use Superior Fit Innovations sleeves for my graded cards; they fit precisely with virtually no tolerances. The PSA sleeves fit the CSG holders almost perfectly; over half were tight squeezes but all did fit into the sleeves. The larger labels on the CSG holders is accomplished by minimizing the margins between the edge of the holder and the card rails. The CSG holders are polished and smooth all around. No sharp seams or edges. In hand, they look great. The smooth, polished surface does require more care; dusting them off with a nylon cloth is a must before you put them into sleeves because with the 100% clear background every speck of dust shows.

Card Condoms: CSG follows the BVG model of a four-point heat seal to prevent the cards from rattling around. A definite improvement over PSA, and for thin cards (like the Susini Speaker I sent in) over SGC's gasket. The only exception was the 1947 Bond Bread Jackie Robinson, which is in an unsealed sleeve because it was too large for a safe margin for the welds.

My verdict: I like the product. The holders have a blend of the better features of BVG and PSA.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...