View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 09:16 PM

Default Jason

Hello Jason, now I see that you sent me some writings about the book, I only read the beginning because it is quite extensive but I see that it has to do with González Herrevaria, therefore it is surely very interesting and I will leave it for tomorrow, González was in Havana Before editing The Pride of Havana, on that occasion we could not see each other, but years later a friend of mine from the early 60s, Miguel A. Sanchez, at the time we played chess, on one of his visits to Cuba came to my house To request data for one of his next books, we remember that time when we both worked on the technical part of the World Chess Olympiad in Havana in 1966, as Inspector and I as Prosecutor, of the times I had some quick conversations with the United States champion, Robert "Bobby" Fischer, on some occasions my friends would give me anything for Fischer to sign, and talking about that with my friend he sees Echevarria's book, and he tells me that they are friends, and I had contact for him To through email, with González Hechevarria a few years ago he wrote to me and told me about an upcoming trip to Cuba and that when he got there, where he was going to go first was to my house, but he couldn't come to Cuba at that time.