View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 04:29 PM
Al

Cards are super hot right now.

We've worked really hard to make LOTG a memorabilia auction as much as a card auction, but one thing I can say for sure: memorabilia collectors don't part with their material as frequently as card collectors do, so consignments are more difficult to get. I am incredibly interested in advertising display pieces, game-used items, old scorecards, significant ticket stubs, and large-format items like panoramas and such.

What I find is that card collectors will often work on a project, like a set or something, then finish that set and sell it off to fund another project. Memorabilia collectors often surround themselves with their collections, filling up their bars, hobby rooms, man-caves, etc., with memorabilia that never leaves.

I work pretty hard to keep the memorabilia up in the front of our auctions (the baseball memorabilia section is ahead of the card section in our catalog, though we did start the 'Great Cards' section in the front of this auction), to present large-format items well, to describe them and research them as best I can. Hopefully we'll continue to have a steady flow of great memorabilia items. I do agree, memorabilia seems to be light, but on our end, it's not for lack of trying!

-Al

Last edited by Al C.risafulli; 03-13-2021 at 04:30 PM.