View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 02:57 PM
Frank Bev.ilac.qua

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Since there haven't been any responses to this new topic which I started this time last nite, here's a friendly bump to the top and we'll see what develops.

In 1980, when Bill Heitman published his famous book, little did I know as I read it, I was metaphorically entering the "Hotel California".

I have checked out several times (to other hobby interests) these past 40 years, but have always returned to T206's. As is obvious, having put together 5
near-complete (or complete sets) and numerous sub-sets.

TED Z

T206 REFERENCE....convenient access to T206 checklists

Ted,

First, many, many thanks to you for all of the info you've graciously shared in these threads. The many reference threads you did are hands down my first point of reference for anything related to T206s. There are many new people beginning to collect T206s every day (myself included, I've only been at them for 3 years now). But, without people like you sharing this info, us newbies would have no idea as to the significance of the many nuances in the set. I learn something new every time I read these reference threads.

Personally, the most fascinating ones to me were the ones related to the Elite 11's. I had no idea of their significance or their rarity until reading this Net54 Reference thread about them. As soon as I did was hooked on finding all of them. It took me about 8 months, and with the help of some fellow Net54 board members, I was able to find all of them in both the P350 and EPDG backs (minus the Schulte P350). I am still constantly on the lookout for them and enjoy upgrading the ones I have when I find a new one. My favorite one is the Lundgren (pictured below) because I found it in a raw partial Cubs team set that I purchased. I had no idea of its condition from the scans in the auction, and was elated when I received it.

I also had no idea about the significance of the Super-6 until reading this thread. I was lucky enough to purchase an Evers with Bat-Chicago with a Sovereign 460 back. However, I had no idea of the significance of how rare this back was until much later when I stumbled across it in your thread.

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lundgren Chicago 350.jpg (76.0 KB, 572 views)
File Type: jpg Back Lundgren Chicago 350.jpg (76.6 KB, 567 views)