Thread: Desert Shield
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Cameron Crafton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Wheat View Post
Hi All,

I am relatively new to this side of the board, but usually post on the Pre-War side. I have looked through the various Desert Shield threads here & on other forums but have not been able to determine if there are "many" or in fact any variations on cards within this set.

Key Man Collectibles (on his website) listed 20 or so variations of the regular Topps issue. I have not been able to verify any variations noted with the cards I own - excluding the checklists which don't have the foil shield so you don't really know which set they come from.

In addition, I have not been able to find any of the bold/faded A*B* variations between the A* & B* print sheets. In fact I have not found any legitimate Desert Shield cards with a A*B* print sheet designation on the reverse near the Topps copyright designation. It is almost as if Topps corrected the variations when they printed Desert Shield cards.

Thoughts on this guys....can anyone find any of the known variations? Does anyone have the A*B* Bold/Faded variations?

Thanks guys.

Z Wheat
I am in the process of trying to finish up my Desert Shield set, missing a few commons and the Chipper Jones RC, and as far as I know there is only one set of desert shield cards, and no variations at all. I'm not an expert, but I would refrain from buying any Desert Shield card that is a supposed "variation" or any card that just doesn't look right. They are some of the most commonly fakes cards out there and you have to be careful buying them.