View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 01:12 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I take offense to the suggestion that wearing a mask is "virtue signaling." What irony. For years you righties claimed the right to make your own choice about masks and now you deride anyone who does the same simply because you don't agree with the choice they make? I guess the freedom to make a choice is a great thing unless it is someone else's choice and you don't agree with it. You also don't know the minds of the people who choose to mask up. I wear a mask in public places at risk for spreading respiratory viruses right now because my last cold ended up with a vicious sinus infection and I don't want a repeat performance. That ain't a signal, it is self-preservation.

"They do seem to have largely stopped the mask virtue signaling, it's a small minority still wearing them here in far-left land where I live, and those that do aren't going apoplectic when they see people not participating in their fear narrative."

You can do whatever you want. The virtue signaling is the freak-outs, demands, and bans of people choosing not to participate in your fear. If you are scared to go outside without a mask and believe that you need one to stay alive, then wear one. The statement actually made was that it nice that, while the narrative will never be dropped, the virute-signalling has subsided and people are no longer throwing public tantrums or attempting to arrest the rest of us for living a normal life. If you'd like to be offended, go right ahead.