View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 09:56 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWGrapher View Post
I signed up just to respond to this. Even though it's six months old now.

Brandon Phillips, Keith Hernandez, Jeremy Guthrie, and Oddibe McDowell won't sign Indians items; or at least wouldn't for a long time. Hernandez will at shows and signings but charges extra. Guthrie would often sign but write in "Go O's!" or "Go Royals!" or whoever he was with at the time.
Tommy Gregg won't sign Braves items.
Greg Deichmann won't sign his 2018 Bowman Draft since it shows Kevin Merrill (Merrill will sign it, however)
Tim Bogar's 1993 Stadium Club card depicts Aaron Ledesma. Bogar will sign the back though.
Andy Hawkins stopped signing Fleer cards at some point. They can still be found somewhat easily though.
Scott Radinsky will not sign his Jewish Major Leaguers card because he is not Jewish. I want to get him on a Ten Foot Pole album.
Steve Busby will sign his 1975 Topps card (shows Fran Healy) but writes "NOT MY PICTURE" or something of the sort on it

He had issues with a LOT of his early career cards and not liking his ears on them and would sign over his face on them.

Glenn Davis.

He did have a rather infamous arrest as a Ranger, and I heard he just didn't want to be reminded of that and his time with them.

I know of more hockey ones than baseball but given time I'm sure I could think of more to add to the list. I may eventually put a list on my site of cards players won't sign in every sport.

First post, absolutely love it! Welcome and thanks for the great info!! I'd love to see the other sports as well.