View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 03:59 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Had to add a couple of more after my hands-on experiences at a card show on Saturday.

The one guy I had never bought anything from due to his unreasonable prices, told me he hasn't been 'allowed' (pandemic) to do any shows for two years (he was at every show I've ever attended since being out here). Looking at the 'low' price stickers in his case made me think there must be some terrible, unseen issues with the cards, but I asked to see them anyway. As I shuffled through the toploaders, some of the stickers actually fell off. That's how long they'd been affixed!! When I removed the cards for close inspection, they turned out to be in fine a*s shape, so I started buying like crazy. Seren-freakin'-dipity!!!

634. Lagflation
When a seller’s prices before the pandemic were stupidly high, but since he hasn’t done a show in a couple of years, the old price stickers on his toploaders remain unchanged and now make the cards look like sweet bargains in today’s market.

See also: Deantrification - when the stupidly high prices of an eBayer seller seem a tiny bit more reasonable to some people, because everyone else’s wildly skyrocketing prices have lessened the gap.

635. Show-Flopper
Buying a graded card at a show, because you thought the price was a steal, but when you got home and checked out the listings on eBay, you saw it could be readily had for half of what you paid.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 04-04-2022 at 04:04 PM.