View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 12:49 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Though I certainly do not want to get involved in the original discussion, I feel compelled to ask this one question:

Why are 'radicals' only labeled as such when coming from one end of the 'spectrum'?
I do not think this is true. Each side labels the other sides more extreme takes, or the ones they dislike the most even though that is incorrect usage, as radical. Read the propaganda from each party and you will see this.

I am stuck in the middle with some very conservative (I do not think the state should steal half my money and I like the Constitution as actually written) and deeply left (I’m fine with abortion, I am in favor of universal health care, I am young enough to still be a little bitter about the police harassing young people for being young people in public) views. Both the traditional sides have some radical views.

Some of California’s laws are pretty radical. I’ll stand by that. They tend to go as far to one side in a uniparty state as possible. That seems to meet the dictionary.