View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Jake Cornwell

Default Oklahoma baseball and Negro League historian, my introduction

Good day, baseball fans!

I recently made the acquaintance of fellow memorabilia collector Michael (ruth-gehrig) who recommended that I join Net54baseball. I have seen this message board several times before, but I never pulled the trigger to join.

So, a little about myself. My name is Jake. I am an Oklahoma Negro League baseball historian and always looking for any items related Oklahoma baseball history. Specifically, I am seeking any items relevant to semiprofessional or professional Negro League teams that played in Oklahoma, particularly the Tulsa T-Town Clowns, Tulsa Black Oilers, or Tulsa Colts. Also, I am interested in any other items from teams around the state, such as the Guthrie Black Spiders, Oklahoma Monarchs, Oklahoma City Black Indians, Clearview Rockets, Boley Wonders, Muskogee Hustlers, Muskogee Black Chiefs, Muskogee Cardinals, and McAlester Go-Devils.

I am serious about the history of baseball and realize that there are still many stories to be told about the sport in my state of Oklahoma. My master's thesis focuses on the existence of Negro League teams in Oklahoma that played outside the famous Negro National and American Leagues. I am currently gathering pieces, such as photos, uniforms, and equipment, so that I can assemble an exhibit next year that tells an all-encompassing story of professional and semiprofessional baseball in Oklahoma over the past century. Baseball in Oklahoma was so much more than professional white teams in the first part of the century; there also existed various incarnations of Negro Leagues and several Native American baseball teams.

I am located in the Tulsa area. Please contact me if you have or know of any photos, uniforms, baseball equipment, programs or scorecards, stadium pieces, or fan memorabilia related to any Oklahoma baseball or Oklahoma Negro League baseball teams.

If you do not wish to part with them, I would love to scan or take pictures of the items that you possess.

Thank you so much in advance.

Jake Cornwell

"Horsehide Historian"

Last edited by Horsehide Historian; 07-06-2014 at 04:05 PM.