View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 05:32 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post
That’s awesome! You can equip your own team😁. It would be cool to have a memorial stadium helmet rack to put all of those in.
Oh, it's on my want list!! lol

I know there was no All Star Game last season but since the game returns tonight, please indulge me to repost something that I originally posted over a year ago (# 1452) since some may have missed it (particularly since it's the 20th anniversary of Cal Jr. winning his 2nd ASG MVP Award).

Charly Steiner of ESPN did the Play by Play of the '01 game on radio and had a memorable call from when CRJ homered "Did He Do It?...Did He Do It?...He Did!" You hear that sound clip often around All Star Game time...

Anyways in 2005, I had the idea that I'd like to get Steiner to sign an Official '01 ASG Ball with that very inscription. At that point, he was doing radio with the Yankees and I had an Orioles contact get me in the Radio Press Box pregame one Sunday afternoon with the hopes of getting him to sign my ball.

When I approached him he couldn't have been nicer and was thrilled that I wanted to include him as part of my collection (even Cal thought it was an unique piece to sign):